Hanne Mejlgaard, born in 1947. Graduated in 1975 as an authorized medical secretary.
I have always worked with many artistic elements – but in 2001 the art school: Maison des Arts, located in Colle Sur Loup, France, became a turning point for me. It gave me a speciel kind of happiness and set of mind, opening the doors to the world where I now much more determined can concentrate on my artistic activities.
After I returned home to Denmark, I followed courses to learn even more. Among others at a Spanish artist and an Iceland artist.
I joined the group Åbne Døre i Gentofte from 2005, where I still am today.
I have made prescription envelopes for Glostrup Apotek, which become an object of collection over the entire country.
- Villa Bournonville i Fredensborg 2005.
- Gentofte Børnevenner 2006.
- Sct. Lukas Hospice 2006 og 2007.
- Svenske Villa i 2006.
- Tinghuset i Fredensborg 2007.
- BASF i Ballerup 2008.
- Lægeklinik i Charlottenlund (dermatolog Ida Marie Stender) 2009.
- Nordea i Hellerup 2010.
- Rosenvængets klinik på Østerbro 2010.
- Helleruphus tandlægerne 2011 og 2013.
- Skodsborg Kysthospital 2012.
- Dyssegårds bibliotek 2012.
- Schæffergården 2014 og 2015 og skal igen i 2016
- Helleruphus 2015
- Novo Nordisk 2015
- Udstillet okt.-dec. 2016 i Fredensborg Dansac.
- Udstillet i lægehus i Birkerød i 3 mdr. 2017.
- Udstillet Rafn-Larsen automobiler jan. 2018.
- Nomecos Kunstforening marts 2018.
- Dyssegård Kirke fra 10.03.19 – 25.04.19.
- Åbne døre i Gentofte fra 02.05. – 05.05.19.
I have been part of “Åbne Døre” (open doors) in Gentofte since 2005, which have an open gallery every year for local people to see our art.
I was in Social gadekunst in Gentofte in 2014, where I collaborated with Diabetesforeningen. We were 13 artists, each of us donated our art piece at an auction at a Gallery in Knud Grothe, Charlottenlund, for the occation Frivilligheden fejredes in that week. The gallery was opened by the mayor Hans Toft. A gallery I have been very grateful to be a part of.
My customers er diverse. I have among others painted for: Rigshospitalets Kunstforening, Frederiksberg Hospitals kunstforening, Rederiet TORM multiple times, NOMECO and many other private customers.
I display mostly from my own gallery/atelier, where you can always call/write to visit my pieces and have a talk about what you are interested in, or simply to look at what I already have, without having to purchase anything.
I also have a lovely garden, which is part of my creativity – It is still beautiful in the winter, as seen under the garden menu.14